Monday, February 19, 2007

Brats...all of them.

I've been staring at this blank screen for the past couple of days, trying to think of something worth saying...something like I used to say...something that made people check my comment section before they checked their own email.

Do I mention the growing infatuation that is developing between someone, and someone else who is married....Not today...but one day.

Do I mention that I hooked up with a guy from my past who is BAD news.....mmm...getting better, but not yet. Beucase we might never seen one another again. Its too soon to bitch about it.

....and its funny, but the only thing that I can even think of bitching about....is the kids at school

I fucking hate them...infact, its gotten so bad that I feel personal vengeful feelings towards them. I've tried being nice.....really. Shocking, I know.

I've tried being lenient....ive even tried being accomodating. I've been tough..but fair....until today.

I had my first evaluation on Friday....one of my profs from teachers college comes in to watch me in action. I did tell the kids about him before he got there, just to avoid all of the "who's he" questionning.

My children, were angels Friday morning. They worked hard, and quietly. There were 22 of them in class on Friday....As soon as recess was over, all hell broke loose.

The kids were up and down out of their seats...walking around, talking and laughing with their friends across the rooms. There was coloring, while I was doing the lesson, there was reading of novels...there was Nintendo DS games being played....It was a nightmare.

I walked my prof out to the parking lot, and when I got back down to my room, I closed the door, and FREAKED out on them.

Today....i pulled all 11 students into the hallway, who decided to act up during my evaluation. I promised them, that if they EVER acted like that around me again, the consequence would be severe...and it would be HORRIBLE. Thing is, I was smiling when I said it.....4 of them cried.

I had 4 students in for detention during phys ed. I spoke to all fo them earlier in the day. Obviosuly nothing I said registered with them. I said that I was sick *I ALMOST swore at them...almost...*I was sick of their behavior, and starting TODAY, in school suspensions will take place. *thats when you call their parents, and have them go home, and they are suspended for the day only*...I said I wasnt joking anymore.....

I was ridiculously serious....and must have looked so. 2 of them cried.

Put the fear of god into my students today....Check.
Give out 4 detentions today...Check.
Make 6 students cry today....Check.

10 comments:

Natalia said...

Hate is a strong word...but I do kinda hate kids sometimes.

-N

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should become a teacher. I enjoy yelling at children, too.

Princess Pessimism said...

N - LOL! 3 more cried today.

H - You would be a fantastic teacher...all you do is yell at them to follow instructions all day.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

SS said...

Dear lord PP! How old are these kids? Tears - that's serious business. When I was a kid I would have withstood just about anything to avoid having other kids see me cry.

yrautca said...

I love kids. People stop to say hello to dogs and cats, and I stop to say hello to every kid I see.

berly02 said...

Making children cry.
Priceless.

:)

Jennifer said...

Ummmmm... I don't really know what to say. Perhaps you should talk to the other teachers about discipline tips to help you keep them in line without threatening them. Soon you'll have them wetting themselves and a good case of pediatric post traumatic stress dissorder will surely follow.

Steven said...

My wife loves yelling...and yes...she's a teacher. ;)

Steve~

Big Ben said...

I know my sister's kids can be a hand full, I don't envy you.