Friday, October 22, 2010

Leading to my happy ending...

...and its about fucking time. However, im being CRAZY optimistic right now - and so much so, that Im actually thinking of changing the URL of this blog. LOL

1. The job.
I applied September 3 for that CSC job, and it took them a MONTH to use their automatic filtering system to let me know if my resume would be passed on to a human instead of a robot, and that the results of my application status would be available October 3. I got the results that day saying that my resume will be passed on to a member of the human resources team, and that if they wanted to contact me for a job, they would do so.

Just this past monday, I got an email from them inviting me to write a written communications proficiency test (put these sentences in the right order...what does this word mean...which 2 of these 4 words means the same thing...what punctuation mark is missing...those sorts of things). Its the 27th at 9am. You have to get 32 out of 50 to get to the next stage in the hiring process - but lets be real. I have my masters in education and am a certified teacher, plus am fully literate, and have (for the most part - professionally speaking) amazing grammar. If I fail this test, I have bigger problems than not getting hired at CSC. I imagine this is step 2 out of a number of steps. Ive heard that there's another test on all of the Commissioners directives - which I sort of follow daily at work to make sure the PO is doing her job, but if you didnt know that, then how would you ever know? Anyway...whatever happens...im ready.

2. The Guy.
We split for good. I was sick of wasting my time, and sick of feeling bad about the relationship, and myself in the relationship. BUT...the same day that we split, I met someone else....who is actually very nice, its not moving fast...but it feels good to be this happy again.

Thats all for now kids. I'll update next wednesday after the test before my vacation!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got rid of one guy and found another the same day. Hmm... And in which order did these events occur?

Miss Ash said...

Fingers crossed!

rawbean said...

I didn't even know about the first guy! Good luck with the job.

Princess Pessimism said...

WIGSF - Ditch then met.

Ash - THANKS!!! You'll get the first phone call. LOL, and im even bringing my laptop to FL. I cant depend on Mike's stupid Iphone to check and send emails when its something like this....

Rawbean - yea...hes been around since March. But its over now.

yrautca said...

Good luck on the test and the boy. Enjoy the vacation too. Unwind relaz.