Thursday, December 09, 2010

uhh...hmmm....Resolutions.

ive written about 4 posts that I ended up deleting (but saved the draft) becuase I didnt know what to blog about.

wigsf blogged about new years eve...and who wants to read 2 posts about that....

And then i wrote another one about how i got a paper cut on my eyeball tuesday night...but no one wants to keep reading about how accident prone i am....

then i wrote one about childhood memories of hanging out with Miss A from when we were super little, but I would never post about her without her permission first....

Then i wrote one about bumping into another ex....who called me that same night - but lets be real. Who wants to read about my ongoing Boy drama??? I dont even want to talk about it anymore....

So im writing about New Years Resolutions

I wasnt sure what my resolution was going to be this year...or If I was even going to even have one, since I never seem to stick to them anyway.....

I already go to kickboxing 4-5 days a week....thats the gym bit covered...

i dont have any bad habits to quit....(unless you count swearing like a trucker, which i dont.)

im still trying to avoid drama...and boredom. Avoiding Drama isnt working out so well...but I havent been bored in a LONG time...

"Fuck IT" is still largely in effect - if you cant change it or do anything about it, fuck it, and dont worry about it. - that one is still in daily practice.

So - I guess that leaves me with what I want to do this year:

1. Travel more. Bottom line. I want to take all the road trips that I never took last year, and one over seas trip.
2. Get in better shape - which, I am currently doing, but will continue to do, and happily i might add
3. Pay off all my debts. Im planning on doing this before february....the prospect of emptying half of my savings account is terrrifying...but the idea of having an extra 600 dollars a month in my pocket is exciting....
4. Take more vacations and dedicate less of my life to work. I currently have 144 hours of vacation....and by year end, assuming i dont work 1 more second of overtime, I will have almost 180 hours of vacation by March 31. (keep in mind that I have already taken 5 weeks of vacation this year, and I still have 180 hours left....I only work 4 days a week, no stats, and no weekends. Its a curse AND a blessing) ...and i can only carry over 3 weeks of vacation, or I lose it, cause we dont get paid out.

This year is going to be about me. Im going to put my energy into myself. I deserve it. I work hard, and give a lot of myself to working and my clients. This year, im going to dedicate my time, to myself, and learn to leave work, at work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh please. Your resolutions are so, well, hum-drum.
"Oooh, I wanna take more vacations and save some money and work our more often."
Lemme tell you something lady. Everybody says that.
Make some fun and different resolutions dammit.
How about:
- Learn to ventriloquism.
- Study tantric sex.
- Complete the Rock Band endless playlist on expert.
- Eat the hottest chicken wings at a wing restaurant.
- Wear a Don Cherry suit then walk down the street calling everybody a "left wing kook."

Christielli said...

I think your resolutions are great! I may have to take a page out of your book and focus on myself a lot more in 2011. I'm always good with the travel, but I so need to get into better shape.

Here's to a great new year!

Miss Ash said...

Those are good ones, I still like "fuck it" myself or to be "more fabulous"! And thank you for not posting anything embarrasing LOL! I just had a flashback of all of those gumballs rolling on the ground LOL!

Lindsey said...

Good for you. It's about time you made time for yourself! Now go overseas and come back with some good stories of lured foreign men. :)

berly02 said...

I wanna take those vacations with you.
You should road trip to Texas. I'll put my boots on for you and bring out my best Texas drawl. ;)

You'll have your saving built back up in no time. Whoo hoo on the extra $$$!!!