Thursday, November 09, 2006

Birthday Wrap-up

Okay...So I thought skipping my birthday would be a lot better this year, seeing as everyone was going to be busy, or away *except for my lovely LD and H*, and I had to work the entire weekend...but it actually turned out to be a pretty good time.

Friday, I spent the day shopping with a friend of mine in Toronto. She's a cop, so she's usually pretty busy...but we had the same day off, so we hung out....And she ended up meeting this gorgeous guy, and on the way home she thanked me for my big mouth and sociability. She said that if I wasnt there, she never would have had the guts to start up a random conversation with him like I seemingly do with every stranger I meet....

Sunday (My actual b-day) Miss Ash's mom and sister came and brought me flowers, candy, and balloons...SO CUTE!!! They wanted to take me out for dinner, but I was working, so they came down instead. Love that! They brought me roses.


When I got home, there was another bouquet of gerber daisies sitting on the counter from my kick ass neighbors. They're in my bedroom, I didnt want to carry them down, but trust me, they're awesome!

I go to work Sunday, the residents at the shelter know its my birthday...one of them decides to get me a gift......I dont know what has posessed her to do so...but this is what she came up with.

Now, Incase you arent sure you're seeing it right, or cant quite make out what it is....Its a large picture of Jesus....with a tiny little clock on the bottom right corner.....Thats right. She bought me a Jesus clock. The picture was hard to take, because of the mirror frame around the picture. (I imagine your blank stares, are similar to what mine were, and are still now)...I dont know if I can keep it. It might create a conflict of interest. I put a memo in to my PM....she'll let me know.

After the Jesus Clock...I wasnt sure how my week could have possibly gotten better *ahem*, but LD and I decided, very spontaneously, to make the drive to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Clevland, OH. It's only about a 3 and a half hour drive from here....and It was SOOOO totally worth every minute. They have The Clash exhibit on now until April...if you are a Clash fan(like me and LD totally are), you dont want to miss it.

I cant even explain the Pink Floyd display...but if you are a fan, and love them from the depths of your insides (like LD and I do), I promise you, you wont be disappointed. It was so incredible.....

Just things like Janis Joplin's Porche, John Lennon's glasses, original hand written song lyrics, the deed to Graceland. It was incredible, and gave me a total new appreciation for the bands I already loved, and music in general. We werent allowed to take pictures inside, but it was an amazing day, and i recomend it to everyone.

13 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday
Better late then never.

It sounds like you had a blast even having to work all weekend.

rawbean said...

How long does it take to get to Clevland? That is great that you can be spontaneous like that, usually that's when the most fun happens!

Steven said...

Does the clock count down to the rapture or something? ;)

Steve~

Princess Pessimism said...

KT - Thanks hun.

Rawbean - LOL...well, when I wrote that it took 3 and a half hours to get there, thats generally what I meant. LOL!!!

Steve - OHHH IT MIGHT!!! Smart thinking.

Spider Girl said...

I have a friend who has promised to give me her Virgin Mary night-light. I think your Jesus Clock would go very well with it. :)

Big Ben said...

I am going to try to watch the Jays in Cleveland this year and check out the Rock and Roll hall too.

Slop and I have already gone to Graceland together!

Princess Pessimism said...

Spider Girl - You know, I was thinking that if I do get to keep it....I'll raffle it off to one of my dedicated readers..LOL!!!

Ben - That is SO funny that you said that, becuase me and LD were just talking about going there on the drive home yesterday.

Miss Ash said...

Oh my mother and her flowers on birthdays...haha. Every year i get along with my gift, flowers and a balloon that she likes to tie to my chair at a restaurant, but you already know that.

R&RHF sounds like a great time!!

Tokyo Tintin said...

happy birthday!

we though of you when we were hanging out on the beach in benin.

xxx

best wishes!

Natalia said...

SOunds like a lovely day. What I want to do for my birthday really depends on my mood. And it has changed with time. On my 13th to 20th bdays I wanted to party. Now, I'd rather have family and friends around, something fun to do, good food and good conversation. Of course alcohol is all good too.

-N

Jennifer said...

PP, Happy B-day, I hope you enjoy your rapture clock.
I don't know why you are so bent out of shape about it - I clearly remember you giving me a Jesus address book a few years ago. You probably should have just asked her if she was being ironic.
BB, I drove down to Graceland with some of my ladies a few years back, a heck of a fun vacation. We were there on the Christmas holidays in a rental car from Canada, the locals all looked at us like we'd walked on water when we started our car on the first try.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a Jesus clock. Who better than to tell you the time? Only the Lord truly knows what the time is.

yrautca said...

These comments are hilarious.

"I clearly remember you giving me a Jesus address book a few years ago"

"Only the Lord truly knows what the time is"

PP, you are a jesus freak, admit it!