Monday, October 30, 2006
**I'll be impressed if anyone can guess what movie the title of this post comes from.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Fraggle Rock' to be made into movie
POSTED: 10:58 a.m. EDT, October 20, 2006LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Jim Henson's "Fraggle Rock" is coming to the big screen.
The 1980s cult hit TV show is being developed by Ahmet Zappa -- younger son of Frank Zappa -- into a full-length live-action musical fantasy starring the classic characters.
"(Zappa) recently created his own fantasy property ('Mighty McFearless'), and we had him in to talk about books and movies," said Lisa Henson, who serves as co-CEO of the Jim Henson Co. with her brother, Brian.
"During that conversation, I had an intuition that he might be a 'Fraggle Rock' fan. He jumped out of his seat when he heard our idea of making 'Fraggle Rock' into a feature-length movie."
Zappa -- a musician and TV personality who will serve as the project's executive producer -- is developing a treatment in which puppet stars Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red will travel from beneath the Rock and venture into the human world for the first time.
"The Fraggles didn't really get into the human world on the series, so we plan to make the movie more about the intersection between the Fraggles and the humans," Lisa Henson said.
Zappa is informally talking to musician friends about writing original songs for the movie. The original Henson puppets will be refurbished and updated for the film, with little expectation of computer-generated enhancements.
A release date has yet to be determined. Lisa Henson plans to hire a screenwriter and director once an initial treatment is completed.
"We're taking the movie as far as we can independently because the company has a big personal investment in how the movie turns out," she said.
"Fraggle Rock" premiered on HBO in 1983 and over five seasons garnered multiple awards and a global fan following. The show was created by Jim Henson as an international co-production and was adapted for each territory to meet the needs of its audience.
Friday, October 20, 2006
I have to get gas. Monty *thats my car* is running on fumes, and is decidedly hungry.
I go in to pay, and the guy inside strikes up general conversation while I am paying. He asks about what I am doing the rest of the day, as he gets off work in less than an hour, and doesnt really have any plans (Of course that means its a good idea to ask a stranger what they are doing)
I tell him that I am going to Brock (local university) to get some homework done. He looks shocked by this...and says
Gas Man: "You're still in school???" (quite obviously shocked)
Gas Man: "You're not married?" (I have little idea of how the two are related)
Me: "......(pause first this time)....Uhh....No?"
Gas Man: "A pretty thing like you? What are you studying?"
Gas Man: "Ohhh kids. I want kids. Do you have any kids?"
Me: (This time, I say nothing, just stare)
Gas Man: "What, you dont have kids? Dont you want any kids? You'd have beautiful children, I think you should have them. You'd really like them, plus they'd be beautiful"
Me: (rushing to get my things into my purse waiting for my transaction to go through, and unable to look at this man any longer)....I dont really like kids
Gas Man: (Laughs)...you are an interesting woman. You dont like kids, but you're in education. Why dont you want kids? Your children would be beautiful. I want kids. Why dont you?"
Me: "uhh....i dont know?"
Gas Man: "i'd like to sit down and talk to you about this more....you're an interesting beautiful woman"
**Transaction goes through finally. I had to do it twice, which didnt help matters**
Me: "ohh....uhh...ya. No, I dont think so. Bye"
I go back to my car, where I have someone waiting...
S: "What took you so long"
**I told him this story
S:"tsk tsk....5 date Challenge!!!"
Me: (I gave him the slit eye) Shut. Up.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
So, im a bloody procrastinator. I'll admit it. Its really an artform you know. Ive known about an essay that I have due tomorrow morning, for about a week, but I had 5 other assignments to do, and this one took last priority. However, once school was cancelled yesterday and today, I spent all day at the local university doing research.
Today, I had my neices, and didnt have time to do anything, so I resolved to myself that I would quit talking to Jennifer, and get my ass to the library to do some work.
I grab all my stuff, and head out the door. It has been raining all day, and our front door is inside of a little archway. *minus the arch*....well, I didnt look as I stepped out the door, I mean, what could Possibly be waiting there for me on the concrete.....except there was a snake, all coiled up, to get dry I can only assume.
Im a bit of a feet shuffler...not my entire foot, just my heels. So of course, when I stepped on this thing, i dragged my heel across the groud, and noticed immediately that it was a different consistency than solid concrete that I was stepping on, and looked down, only to see this poor snake being rolled across the front step under my heel.
Im not afraid of snakes, and never have been (but im afraid of worms), and im sure the snake wasnt that big, but my brains estimation of what it actually looked like is exaggerated im sure. But I assure you, I must have looked like an idiot dancing around my front yard, trying to shake the creepy feeling of knowing you have just stepped on something that wasnt supposed to be stepped on.
Poor thing. It slithered away while I was grossed out on the front yard, and I only caught a quick glimpse of it, but it was albino for sure.....
Sunday, October 15, 2006
This week I:
- Actually danced around with my neices when I found out school was cancelled because of the snow. School tomorrow and tuesday is cancelled, and i couldnt be happier. I was supposed to do a math presentation tomorrow...im ready for it, but i hate math. I know I have to do it eventually, but id like another bit to work on it.
- Cut these leaves off a tree outside. When I let go of the tree, there were 4 spiders on me. Three on one arm, one on the other.
- Watched the first ever horror movie awards, they were called the "scream awards". The devils rejects was voted best movie...i couldnt agree more. Hopefully this will sway those of you who have not seen it yet, to get out there and watch it. It was fantastic
- Had a bitchy thanksgiving with my family.....and I can always be meaner to the idiots in my family, but I was pretty bitchy.
- Applied for a new position at work, and got it. So, ive just increased my hours, which is why im so busy. If im not at school, im working, or doing homework. That has become my life....its good that i make so much, and have a lot to do...but it would be nice to not have so much routine.
- Reconsidered Florida. I am sure that I am not going, but I would like to go somewhere...I dont know what im going to do, but I only have about 3 days to decide.
- Was told about the new movie "Death of a President"....make sure you watch this preview. Unless you are an evil republican. This movie looks amazing.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Production guy says that MTV emailed everyone who had tickets, on Saturday to let them know. This is a great policy....except our tickets were under my brother in laws name...he works there, he got them for us, so we didnt get an email.
No one told us....He called my cell phone at 11:48am. 12 minutes before the show.....He said he had just gotten the email, but we already knew....
We ended up at Retro Fun. A VERY cool store that has toys from like the 50's...you know, collectables...we go in for nostalgic reasons, but the first time we went, we saw that they sold original trading cards, and they still had the gum inside!!! To name a few, they had New Kids on the Block, Mork and Mindy, Monkees, Gremlins, all the Jaws ones, Star Wars, and the most important...Wacky Packs. How many people remember Those?? We almost DIED when we saw them there. Too fun.
After that, we went to Starbucks. I ordered my Hazlenut steamer, and instead of making me wait for it, they handed it to me at the cash register, and walked away....and didnt make me pay for it. I figure i've put enough money into that company...they owe me by now for sure! (I apologize to those of you who may work, or own a part of Starbucks, for not giving my $3.21 to your multibillion dollar organization. Hire more efficient employees.)
So, all in all, a bad day to start, but at least my Steamer was free. :)
Sunday, October 08, 2006
North Korea Has launched a Nuclear Weapon undergroud. They said it was just a test missile...but you know what? I still feel sick over it.
**Because Miss Ash asked...here it is, in all of its Evil glory. Halloween Dress Up Jesus (I am immediately reminded of when I posted this at Easter, and there was the Darth Vader outfit, and the Sexy Suburbanite said "I remember when Darth Vader died for our sins." Anytime I think of religion, or its brought up in debate, I think of Darth Vader dying for our sins, and I laugh out loud....like right now. :)
This week I:
- Worked. I LOVE my job....and I LOVE how much they're paying me.
- Watched the entire first season of Queer as Folk. Again. What a great show. And, yes, I still cry everytime I watch the last episode from that season. So sad...and not like happy sad...like rip your heart out kill your puppy sad. If its any indication how rare I watch tv, i'll give you an example. The last time I loved a show this much, was Melrose Place...LOL. So when I like something like this, I love it. Its a really good show.
- Me and LD took my 4 and 5 year old neices and her 5 and 9 year old nephews to the movies last night. It reminded me of why I dont have children, and never want them. They werent bad, or anything, but its more a matter of selfishness. Ive realized that its not that I hate children, but im much too greedy. I want all my money for me. Kids are fucking expensive.
- Was emailed a website where they have Christian pumpkin stencils. Christian pumpkin stencils. Christian....Halloween....someone help me out with this one.
- Am DYING to go see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre. No one will go with me. Jennifer had this to say about going :
me: I want to go see the texas chainsaw masacre tonight
Jennifer: have fun with that
me: you dont wanna go....COME ON.
Jennifer: i get scared by horror in a bad way
me: Jennifer..its just the magic of
me: its make up.
make up is scary?
me: you're afraid of make up?
me: im posting this on my blog
We, as a group, have a rule when it comes to movies. If you want to see something that I dont, you have to pay for me to go, and same goes for me. If I want someone to go see this with me, i'll most likely have to take them, but it will be totally worth it.....
- Ive decided to skip my birthday this year. My entire family is going to florida, and now Ash Jenni and D are going to Togo. N just booked his ticket to Austraila. H is in Tokyo, Heather is working, T is working, and has some prewedding function for someone I dont know *and pisser becuase his b-day is the day before mine...and he's busy!!!* B&K wont come down if tim's not here. That leaves LD. Shes the only one here who's not working, and available for the entire weekend. It's a lot of responsibility to put an entire b-day weekend on one person. BUT we're planning something fun...
Happy t.giving canada....
Friday, October 06, 2006
I was at work yesterday, and a woman comes into the office, and starts to go on and on about laundry, and that so and so left it rolled up in a ball on her bed....you know. Stuff you would just roll your eyes over. Conveniently, the woman who left her laundry had been discharged that same day, so there was no confrontation over it...although that would have been funny.
And when you're a kid, they're called chores...but when you're an adult, they're called errands, and life.
How I long for the days when m&m's were more important to me than money.
On a side note: Rawbean posted about people who she would like to meet....but when I read it, I thought the opposite. So this is my question to you. Is there someone on your bloglist who you think you would absolutely loathe in person? You read their blog out of habit...not because you think it's interesting?....You find that as much as you know about who they are...you absolutely know 100% that if you met them, you would hate them.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Anyway, me and LD hit the town this weekend, and found ourselves, as we usually do, in the mst random of circumstances. Last time it was just me and her, it was the "Neon Rider" "Mr. Morphene" and "Tha avian bird flu guy". This time...it was Spicoli.
My family was having a shindig at the house, which is common around here. (they cant seem to get enough of one another) I invited LD over, and as she GRACIOUSLY WONDERFULLY helps me finish my homework assignments, we decide to go see School for Scoundrels. Which I might add is good for a giggle, and explained a LOT about why most men are jerks. Me and LD have decided that when girls and boys hit grade 9, and they separate them for gym class, this is what they are teaching them....why else do we need to be divided???
And it would explain why most guys have a jerky tendancy from the age of 14 on....but I digress.
So we go see this movie, and we head over to a bar to sit down and have a drink. Its already after midnight, and a bit cold, so i dont figure we'll stay long....but we get our drinks, and head outside to the patio, to enjoy one of the last few nice nights of the year.
But before we do, these 3 young cuties come into the bar, and when the bartender asks them for id, they were born in 1987...which hurts...but whatev...im sure someone thought that about us at one point.
So we venture outside, and these 3 follow shortly after. They have a friend come meet them, who is equally adorable, and while we all strike up general conversation, Spicoli falls asleep on the table.
A couple of these cuties were from the Cayman Islands, and Spicoli had this impossible accent. At one point, I wasnt sure he was even speaking english....but we all managed to talk, and laugh until like 2:30. Two of them were horribly distressed about girls, and asking for advice. It was rather enjoyable, and a good night.
I just wanted to throw something down, this post is shit...but I have 5 assignments due this week, you wont get much more out of me than this.