I find that Miss A has inspired me to make a list of my own....and since we've been friends a long time, I know that she's really worked hard on completing hers. However, instead of making a list as crazy as hers, Ive decided to make one just for the summer to see how it works out. And by summer, I mean June 1 to August 30.
Bring on the summer of the Unhinged Princess.....The official list:
1. Go to the gym 5 days a week, every week from June 1 until August 30. I worked out religiously from January 29 to April 4, 5 days a week - and loved the results. From April 4 to today, Ive sort of slacked....but havent gained a pound back. I just dont FEEL as good as I did, so back to working out - and i have a star chart on a calendar posted on the fridge.
2. Read all of the books on my bookshelf - no explanation needed
3. NO MORE CARBS OR JUNK. I swear - from January to April, I gave up all sugar, and all carbs, and now that im eating that stuff again, I feel GROSS....like on the inside....my insides feel gross. LOL. So thats it - Im done with the carbs again for the next few months
4. No more restaurant food - I SAY this one, but its tough when you're out drinking with friends, and they want to eat after the bar....One night, i went out with the girls, and Miss A brought me a to go container of cereal cause she knew i wouldnt eat at the restaurant. You want a GOOD friend?? Shes it. LOL
5. No more unnecessary spending - and by this I mean, no more trips to the convenience store during work for a diet coke...but this ALSO means that I can buy all of this stuff at the grocery store to make sure that I dont slip. Unnecessary spending means whatever you want it to - to me, it means snacks, and books - until I finish the books on my shelf, etc etc...when i finish the list i'll let you know what my "unnecessary" things were....
6. NO GUYS. None. I decided to swear off dating for the month of December, just to give myself a month to figure out what I wanted from a dude, and then when i thought i figured it out, i dated 2 guys who turned out to be what I thought i wanted...and they both turned out to be crap. So im going to give it another go.....Please note, that this one will be the hardest one on my list.....i really like having guys around. BUT im going to try my best.
7. Meet more people, and take myself out of my comfort zone - put myself into situations that I usually wouldnt be in. I dont know what that includes just yet - but I think All of these listed will be a part of that.
8. More road trips - which directly conflicts with no unnecessary spending, and no restaurant food, BUT, directly supports meeting more people and putting myself into situations i wouldnt usually be in. I do want to go to the Smithsonian this summer...ive been thinking about it for a while. Destinations include: Massachusetts to visit friends, DC, and Chicago - and watch out Yarautca, if i make it to Chicago, you have to meet me. (See # 7)
9. Spend more time with myself - on the beach - working on my tan, and reading.
10. Look into applying for, and finding a school that i want to do my PhD at.
11. Look into applying for my permanent residence card for the states.
12. Hike part of the Appalachian Trail - 100 miles. Im off for a week in June. This is what I want to do. 50 miles one way, and 50 miles back. Which means - CAMPING. Ive never slept outside....i would consider this a personal triumph.
This summer is dedicated to rediscovering my love of working out, eating healthy, spending less time inside, texting less, watching less movies, less time online, and spending more time figuring out what I want to do with my life. Im hoping that September 1 brings a renewed sense of clarity in the direction i'm taking my life. Im 32 now....im done fucking around.